Cebu Caritas, Inc. – Commission on Service (CCI-CoS) journeys with the Anawim in carrying out the threefold functions of Jesus Christ by serving the community of missionary disciples toward total human development and integrity of creation.
As the mandated social action arm of the Archdiocese of Cebu, Cebu Caritas, Inc. – Commission on Service (CCI-CoS) serves the Anawim through its Humanitarian, Developmental, and Justice and Peace programs.
Christian charity is not just philanthropy. On the one hand, it is to look at others through the eyes of Jesus himself and, on the other hand, to see Jesus in the face of the poor.
Cebu Caritas News
To impart and instill “Our Faith in Action” motto among the Board of Trustees and Staff of Cebu Caritas, Inc., our stakeholders, and volunteers through the various social and charitable works that respond to the call to holiness, to transform the lives of other, especially the Anawim, and to build bonds among each other to sustain our life in Christ. And to promote total human development by responding to major emergencies (man-made and natural disasters), to uplift the lives of the marginalized through developmental programs and to empower them to become useful and productive citizens living in a peaceful, just, and humane society.
- To provide immediate aid and relief to communities affected by natural and man-made disasters;
- To provide medical assistance and developmental intervention to indigent parishioners;
- To provide assistance to individuals in crisis situations;
- Through the Parish Caritas, enable and empower parishes to craft and implement livelihood and developmental programs;
- To collaborate and network with the different commissions and religious men and women, charitable institutions/organizations of the Archdiocese of Cebu, and with the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines-Episcopal Commission on Social Action, Justice and Peace/Caritas Philippines;
- To contribute to efforts to improve the condition of farmers and fisherfolk and the Basic Ecclesial Communities and to address food security concerns;
- To promote and disseminate the Alay Kapwa Program and its three-fold tasks: Works of Mercy (Poverty Alleviation), Works of Development (Poverty Reduction) and Works of Justice (Poverty Elimination);
- To assist in building & strengthening Basic Ecclesial Communities (BEC) at the grassroots level with the hope of bringing the Church and the Gospel closer to the Anawim and;
- To establish linkages with government agencies and non-government organizations, as well as the private sector to enhance services to the Anawim